So it should be no surprise that the thought that is playing over and over in my head right now is actually a quote from a movie. At the climatic moment in the Cinderella movie "Ever After" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEkiXm_r3I) , Drew Barrymore thinks aloud "Just breathe."
Here are some examples of the past few weeks when I have been to the point of having to remind myself to just breathe:
- I realize at the farewell party that my Sunday School class hosted that this was the last time I would be in the home of my dear friend.
- As I'm taking the sheets off the mattress (because I just sold the nursery set), I realize that I may never have a baby in a crib again.
- Anytime Jason says something like "Did you know that in xx number of days we'll be doing such & such?" and I have to shush him because I can't think about how many days it really is.
- Every time a piece of furniture leaves and my home is more and more becoming a house again.
- Saying "See you later" to a Christian friend & realizing that I probably should have said "Goodbye. Have a nice life. See you in heaven."
|Jonah & Gideon (in orange) with their buddies at our last playdate|