But before that I had some alone time (thanks Kelly!) to start (yes, really start) packing. Since our house has to be show ready all the time, everything got thrown into the attic. Granted it wasn't that great before, but now it looks like a tornado went through it (ha!-couldn't resist). So I spent a couple of hours going through boxes and trying to decide what would make the move.
Items (so far) that made the cut:
- rainbow colored "magic" tutu from my first ballet recital
- 1 Christmas wreath
- "The Bear's Picnic" book with cassette tape
- more fall decorations than I'd like to mention
- 6 pairs of dance tights & 2 other bags of dance costumes
- 4 other Christmas wreaths
- long Rubbermaid box filled with Christmas wrapping paper, ribbon, etc.
- more Christmas decorations than I'd like to mention
This is where the tutu meets the tornado. Aren't we all just one tornado/fire/earthquake/flood/alien invasion away from losing it all anyway? I should be rejoicing at the chance to thin the herd & give/sell my stuff to people who could really use it. After all,
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth , where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven...for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19
|Our attic-yes, it's really as bad as it looks|
|Thankfully my 2nd grade teacher wasn't here to enforce the correct tornado position|