Friday, April 1, 2011

Chick-fil-A

When I signed up to follow Christ (and my husband), of course I thought that I would be willing to give up anything.  But, I never thought I'd have to give up my beloved Chick-fil-A!!!

I recognize that I have a slightly unhealthy love for this restaurant, but REALLY, have you eaten there lately?!?  What's not to ♥(unless of course, you have a peanut allergy;right Melinda?)?!?  It is the cleanest, friendliest, yummiest restaurant on the planet.

So, what am I going to do in Seattle without Chick-fil-A?!?
  1. Write the corporate office & demand kindly ask that they build a Chick-fil-A in Seattle A.S.A.P.!
  2. Make several road trips a year to the following location (http://www.chick-fil-a.com/westernwashington).  My new Martha Lake Church girls have already promised that they would go with me!
  3. Eat there as much as possible between now & our move.
  4. Learn to love new restaurants.
  5. Find my satisfaction more in the Bread of Life than the #1 combo (John 6:35).

6 comments:

  1. You are too funny. I have never eaten at a Chick-a-Fil. What does the name mean? I get the chicken part. I will go on that field trip with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie, I had to laugh at your spelling of Chick-fil-A. That's actually the way we jokingly call it sometimes. I think the name was a play on the word "filet", but I don't know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha, Melissa, it is now Mary Ellen's favorite, but we only go there when Will is not with us! Never realized there weren't Chick-fil-A's in the Northwest. So fun to read this as someone on "this" side, the side you are leaving. Fun but sad. I know God is going to bless your boys GREATLY because of your obedience. It will change their lives greatly but it WILL be for the best because it is God's will. Even though it's scary, it is exciting! Our paths will cross again, my friend, if not in this life, then in glory (yes, I know you're not leaving until May, but once I get started sometimes I can't stop! Ha!) Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you EAT there? Chicken Fillets? Like sandwiches?
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seattle is a branch of foodie heaven! Wait till you see the farmers' markets and their local cherries and apricots, local cheeses and breads. And you may enjoy approximating your chicken faves with local organic free-range cluckers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with Susan o this one, Melissa!!!!! I love those wonderous little morsels of barely sweet chicken, but you will NOT go hungry or without a new food addiction once ya get to WA LOL. The fresh food markets here are going to blow your mind, especially when you realize that unlike at home, HERE, you can afford to feed your family that way!!!!

    ReplyDelete